Sunday March 11, 2018 | 10:00am - 1:00pm
Each Workshop Includes:
- Lunch following the Workshop to continue the networking and learning
- Certificate of participation for 3 clock hours
- 3 additional clock hours for attending Sunday afternoon breakout sessions
- Access to exhibitors & refreshment break Sunday afternoon
- Add-On to full WASWUG Conference: $150.00
- Pre-Conference with afternoon Breakout Sessions only: $175.00
Only one Workshop may be selected. A Workshop can be added when registering for the WASWUG Spring Conference. If you are already registered for the conference, you can add a Workshop by contacting the WASWUG registrar.
Start your day with a 3-hour Pre-Conference Workshop featuring Brad Montague. Brad is the creative genius behind the viral sensation, Kid President, as featured on Rainn Wilson's SoulPancake. He is a writer, director, and father who is on a mission to make media and experiences that are full of wisdom, wonder, and whimsy.
Learn how to:
- Create work that connects with an audience and with your core values.
- Build a community around the story you are telling.
- Overcome creative fatigue, writer’s block, and other obstacles keeping you from filling the world with your art.
- Take an idea from your head to page/screen/stage and directly to hearts.
- Find other creative joy rebels like yourself, eager to collaborate and make the world more awesome with you.
- A refreshed perspective on why your creative work matters.
- Daily action items to keep your creative projects on track.
- A renewed motivation to start all of those ideas that you have.
- Tangible tools that can be applied to your work and life.
- New Wonder Workshop friends to cheer you on in your journey.
- And so much more!
Advanced Microsoft Excel Techniques with Brian May
- Time-saving techniques that’ll allow you to get your work done faster with Excel
- Adding and using the Analysis ToolPak to make complex data analysis a snap
- How to create a PivotTable report to quickly analyze volumes of data, generate summary views, see comparisons and reveal patterns in your data
- How to add power to your spreadsheets with Visual Basic for Applications, including a quick way to learn VBA syntax
Gallup Strength Finders with Cara Lane
Coaching and team building are essential ingredients in today’s fast-paced workplace. This course includes the internationally acclaimed Gallup/Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment to discover your top 5 strengths, includes the bestselling StrengthsFinder 2.0 e-book. Followed-up with an exploration of how your strengths influence your work teams and life. Learn how your dominant talents help you excel, and begin your path to better performance and higher engagement.
This course is ideal for people who want a detailed, focused approach to strengths-based development. Decades of Gallup's research has proven that when employees have the opportunity to do what they do best every day, there is a profound improvement in individual, team, and organizational performance. This course provides coaching for your team with successful strategies for helping managers and teams maximize their individual and collective talents to reach desired performance outcomes. It includes everything a company needs to address specific team-related issues and challenges using strengths-based development. Instructor will share from their extensive corporate training background how to build healthy and productive teams in your work environment.