SET UP A SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT
- Download the free Snapchat app. Go to the App Store (for iOS Apple) or Google Play Store (for Android) and download.
- Create an account. Open the Snapchat app and tap “Sign up.” Enter first and last name, and birthday. Create a username and password, and enter your email address and phone number.
- Verify that you’re a human. Snapchat requires you to go through a verification process to ensure that automated accounts aren’t being created.
- Scan your contacts. Snapchat will automatically scan your contact list for people that have made their Snapcode searchable. Add the people you’d like to befriend on Snapchat.
- Enable access. Allow Snapchat access to your camera, photos, and location to enable filters.
CREATE & SEND SNAPS
The Snapchat app automatically opens to the camera.
- Take a Selfie with special effects. To take a selfie, flip the camera on your screen by tapping the camera icon in the top right corner.
- Tap down on the screen where your face is to open filter options (if it’s a selfie) or a friend’s face (if it’s with the front-facing camera). Lenses will pop up at the bottom. Swipe left to try different lenses.
- Follow prompts if given. These will include instructions like “open your mouth” or “raise your eyebrows.”
- Take Snap. Tap the capture button to take a picture, or hold down the capture button to take a video.
- If you don’t like the photo or video, tap the ‘X’ icon in the top left corner to discard and try again.
- If you like it, swipe RIGHT to include the WASWUG geofilter.
- Select “SAVE”. You can choose to save Snaps to your phone’s camera roll, Memories, or both.
- Post your Snap using to the App activitiy feed or social media using #WASWUG.
We look forward to seeing your WASWUG Snaps!